- Douglas opens its first “Beauty Terminal” in Mainz—a perfumery that uses interactive terminals, such as the “virtual makeup artist,” to plug into the multi-channel retail concept.
- Thalia launches its own e-reader, the OYO, in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
- Thalia opens a bookstore in Bonn on the premises of the former Metropol Cinema with almost 2,500 square meters of floor space.
- A Douglas trainee in Frankfurt is named one of the three best trainees in Germany. She is honored by Labor Minister Ursula von der Leyen for having achieved a top score.
- The presentation of “Unser Schmidt—Der Staatsmann und der Publizist” (Our Schmidt—The Statesman and Journalist) launches the series “Thalia bookstore presents … in the Thalia Theater.”
- Douglas is one of the first companies to participate in the new “Facebook® deals” and gives Facebook users 2,000 bottles of a new Tommy Hilfiger perfume or a one-time discount of 15 percent.
- Douglas perfumeries receive one of the European Retail Institute’s Retail Technology Awards Europe in the category “Best Customer Experience” for their interactive store concept.
- More than 600,000 customers polled by Service Value GmbH choose Douglas as the service winner in the “Perfumeries” category.