It's not only the big events that contribute to a company’s success. It's also the many little steps taken every day by enthusiastic employees that, cumulatively, add up to greatness. Fiscal 2006/07 was another star-studded year at the DOUGLAS Group, with highlights large and small. The following pages present an overview of the most significant milestones.
Impressions – fiscal year 2006/07
- Thalia secures a 50.1 percent interest in the German bookseller Grüttefien GmbH, Varel, as of October 1.
- Thalia opens a new 2,800-square-meter store in Darmstadt, Germany.
- Hussel acquires a total of 86 stores from the Cologne-based Susi Süßwaren Fachgeschäfte GmbH as of November 1.
- Douglas opens its first Russian flagship store in Moscow with sales space extending over 650 square meters.
- The winners of the Group's 2006 innovation competition are announced in Hagen.
- In the course of promoting his book Entscheidungen, former German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder appears at numerous Thalia stores.
- TV journalist Wolf von Lojewski stops off at Thalia in Bielefeld, Germany, to read from his book Der schöne Schein und die Wahrheit.
- Nina Ruge presents her "Celebrate your life!" confectionery collection at Hussel.
- Hussel welcomes stars and starlets to "Eins Live Krone," Germany's most prestigious radio award, with confectionery treats.
- Boxing champion Vitali Klitschko visits Douglas in Hamburg's "Quarree" shopping center on the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the Annayake beauty line.